Super Stores of Hawaii
- Go HERE to watch a video on how to shop at Walmart.
- Walmart accepts manufacturer’s coupons – printed, newspaper, all forms of a valid coupon.
- Printable coupons must scan for Walmart to accept them. I suggest printing coupons in Best Quality in your printer settings.
- Walmart gives full value of the coupon, as long as the coupon allows for overage or cash back. Therefore, if the item is less than the coupon you will receive the full coupon value. Please note that P&G coupons state no cash back or overage applied to shopping trip which means that all P&G coupons must be price adjusted to the item.
- If you are owed money at Walmart, I suggest getting the overage either back as a gift card or try to calculate the overage before you get to the register and buy items you rarely see coupons for like produce, dairy and meat. I typically buy a gallon of milk if I have an overage.
- The system will prompt for supervisor verification for:
- 4 or more like coupons per transaction.
- A coupon of $5 and over.
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction.
- Coupons totaling a percentage (%) off of the total sale.
- HERE is Walmart’s coupon policy.
Price Match Policy:
- Walmart will price match LOCAL stores. In Hawaii, local stores is defined as stores located on the island in which you reside.
- Must be the same size and flavor.
- Walmart advertises you do not need to bring in sales ads however I highly suggest you do. They need paper ads not ads you find online.
- If you do not bring paper ads, do not be alarmed if they call each and every store to verify the sale price.
- Walmart will Price Match Buy One Get one Sales as long as the sales ad has a price for Walmart to pm.
- Walmart will Price Match “STORE Coupons” with an exact price. Example: Safeway coupon for Tide 50 fl oz $6.99. Walmart will use the Store Coupon as a price match than if you have a manufacturer’s coupon you can than use that on that product.
- To Price match you can go to any register to price match!
- Go HERE to read the official price match policy.
Woohoo a new way to save at Walmart. Walmart recently released the Savings Catcher in select markets for a trial period. Well I guess it was successful that they have extended the Savings Catcher nationwide.
Basically how Savings Catcher works is once you have your receipt you will enter a number or scan your receipt and Savings Catcher will compare prices in your local market to see if a lower price is available for grocery, household products, health and beauty products. If it finds a lower price at a different local store, it will refund the difference in the form of a Walmart e-gift card. You can select to receive an e-gift card each time or you can build up your value to redeem for a larger e-gift card.
Check HERE for Walmart Online Deals.
Go HERE to watch a video on how to shop at Kmart.
- Accepts manufacturer’s coupons – printable, inserts, etc.
- Printable coupons must scan for Kmart to accept. Tip is to print coupons in Best Quality via your printer settings.
- Kmart releases Kmart coupons but they do not allow stacking.
Double Coupon Policy:
- Go HERE to watch a video about Doubling Coupons at Kmart.
- Check your sales ads as double coupon weeks are advertised within the sales ad. It usually happens 5 times a year. Please note that every time they do the Double Coupon Week they do change it slightly. Sometimes, they require a $25 minimum purchase. Sometimes, the minimum purchase must be made within certain departments. Just read the details in the sales ad.
- Here is what I posted last about how Double Coupon Week works as an example but remember to check for little detail tweaks:
Limit five (5) coupons per customer per day with purchase of $25 or more in grocery, beauty and health merchandise . Limit of 4 like coupons. Must have a Shop Your Way Rewards card.
Kmart Oahu will be participating in Double Coupon Days (look in Sales Ad for the particular week that they have this promotion).
Here is how it will work:
- You must be a member of the Shop Your Way Rewards program AND the cashier MUST swipe your reward’s card at the beginning or your transaction.
- Up to 5 Manufacturer Coupons will be double up to $4.00 per day. Kmart Store coupons will NOT be doubled. You can use more than 5 coupons but only 5 will be doubled. Limit of 4 like coupons.
- Coupon to be double must be off 1 item, example $.50 off 1 Chips Ahoy will double. A coupon that is $.50 off the purchase of 2 items will NOT double.
- Coupon cannot not have verbage “Do Not Double” present on coupon. If “Do Not Double” is stated than the coupon is coded to not be doubled.
- When handing coupons to cashier, make sure the first 5 coupons scanned are the 5 coupons you want doubled.
- If the item is less than what the coupon would double to you will only get the item for free. NO money makers!
- A $1/1 coupon will double to $2.
- A $2/1 coupon will double to $4
- A $.50/1 coupon will double to $1.
The first thing at the register is you want to hand them the shop your way rewards, than the first 5 coupons you hand them are the ones you want doubled. Then hand the rest of the coupons.
This is exciting as Kmart is the only store that participates in Double Coupons in Hawaii. Please come back throughout the week and show us your double coupon shopping trip. We all learn from each other and new couponers learn from “show n tell” or shopping trip pictures with breakdown!
Plus watch this youtube video for more information on Double Coupons!
Shop Your Way Rewards:
- Go to Customer Service at your local Kmart or Sears store and request a Shop Your Way Rewards Card. You can sign up and receive your card immediately.
- Click HERE to sign up on-line and print a temporary card to used until your permanent card arrives in the mail.
- Earn 10 points for every $1 you spend and $1 for every 1,000 points saved,
Go HERE to watch a video on how to shop at Target!
- Target accepts manufacturer’s coupon – printed, inserts, etc..
- Target allows stacking of a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon.
- You can find Target store coupons HERE, in the store through promotion books they are handing out, baby or wedding registry’s receive a coupon sheet, sometimes in the mail and sometimes printables HERE.
- Check Out Target’s Weekly Ad to compare your coupons. Use the Coupon Database to help you.
- Target has mobile coupons as well which are store coupons. Text Target with the word OFFERS. Occasionally there is other codes you can text to receive more coupons. I use the Coupon Database and type in Target Mobile to see which codes are available.
- No coupons on FREE promotion items. For example Target Runs Buy 3 get 1 free. You would only be able to use 3 – $1/1 coupons. The free product cannot have a coupon.
- HERE is Target’s Coupon Policy.
- Save with Cartwheel for Android – Sign Up Now
- Save with Cartwheel for Apple – Sign Up Now
- Carthwheel is a way to save an additional percent off your item. Anywhere from 5-50% off!
- Use the coupon database to search for carthweel coupons available.
- You can triple stack at Target with a Cartwheel, Target Coupon and Manufacturer’s coupon!
- You will add offers to your Cartwheel anywhere an offer card appears. This will be additional percentages off of certain products.
- When you head to target you can either print your Cartwheel barcode or you can use your mobile browser to display the barcode at check out.
- When you join Cartwheel you will get 10 spots to upload offers automatically. You can earn additional spots by unlocking Cartwheel badges. To see how to unlock new badges, go to “my badges” to read the hints to unlock more offers.
- The Cartwheel offers do have expiration dates. You can use a Cartwheel offer, a manufacturer coupon, a target coupon and your Target Red Card to maximize your savings. Remember you can sign up for a Target Red Card by bringing in a voided check and will come out of your debit account. The Target Red Card will save you an additional 5% off your entire savings.
- When you Shop at Target.com you receive 2 day shipping to Hawaii
- In addition, you will save 5% off your transaction when you use your Red Card.
- You can enroll into Red Card to use as a debit card versus a credit card. Bring in a voided check to Customer Service to enroll.
Other ways to save:
- Bring reusable bags to save $.05 per bag used!
- Sign up for Gift Registries to receive coupons – baby and wedding registry!
Price Match Policy:
- Shop at Target.com to price match online prices.
- Be aware that if you price match Target online prices that your Cartwheel and Target coupons will be applied first and if the price match is still less than they will price match.
- Easiest way to tell the Target.com price is to download the Target app and go to the menu button and go to Deals and Coupons. If you go to Cartwheel, you can scan the item to see if there is a cartwheel. While doing so the online price will also appear. Therefore if the online price is less than make sure you price match.
- Target will price match local stores sales ads as long as the store does NOT have a paid membership – like Sam’s Club and Costco.
- If Target price matches a local store, remember cartwheel and Target coupons are applied first than if the price match price is still less than they will price match.
- To price match at Target, you must go to customer service.
- Go HERE to read the Target Price Match Policy.
- If an advertised sales item is out of stock ask if you can get a rain check. Sometimes they may already have a rain check pad in front of where the items is suppose to go. If so tear off one sheet and bring it to the register to get the actual rain check.
- Rain Checks are good for 45 days.
- To avoid shipping charges select in-store pick up when you shop at Target.com.