Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
with Chicken Soup on the side
This Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas recipe is awesome as it makes soup and enchiladas all in one! My husband is from New Mexico so cooking with chiles is something he does often. It is our family’s favorite recipe and happy to share with you. Please come back to let us know how you liked it or if you made any substitutes.
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Rotel (I like 1 regular and 1 Hot)
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 can/bag of corn
- 1 bag of birds eye pepper stir fry vegetable bled
- 1 10 ¾ can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cubes of chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 28oz can of green Chile enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg of cream cheese
- 10-15 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice (Monterey or Cheddar works best)
Combine ingredients 1-8 in a slow cooker for 6 hours stirring occasionally. Then, remove chicken, shred and return to crockpot. Let sit an additional 15-30 minutes to allow the shredded chicken to absorb more of the flavors from the crockpot. Remove approximately 3-4 cups of strained chicken and vegetables and set aside for the enchiladas. Add water to remaining contents in the crockpot to the desired consistency for the soup (I add 2 cups) and the soup is done!
Take the strained chicken and vegetables add ½ cup of enchilada sauce and cream cheese then blend together until the cream cheese is well mixed in. Pre-heat oven to 350. In a separate 9×13-baking dish pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce, enough to coat the bottom (this will help with sticking after baking). Put approximately ½ to ¾ of a cup into each tortilla and place side by side in the baking dish. Once the dish is full, pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce over all enchiladas and coat with cheese as desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove the tray, and enjoy (with some of your soup on the side)!
Depending on the size of each enchilada another baking dish may be needed.
The Spenderella’s Recipes:
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Quarters Recipe with Instant Vortex
- From Scratch Pizza Recipe – So Easy Kids can help!
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Recipe Inspired Deals:
- Kitchen Measuring Cube
- Grill Master Club
- Omaha Steaks – more than Steaks!
- Wine Insider 15 bottles for $89
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer
- Raddish Kids – Cooking Club for Kids
- Measuring Cube
- BBQ Box
- Go HERE to see more product reviews.
Online Shopping DEALS:
Go HERE to see our favorite items on Amazon Influencer Storefront.
Check out all the other awesome post on The Spenderella.
Leave a Reply