Longs Drugs Savings Guide
This video and this Savings Guide will help teach how to save the most at Longs Drugs.
Longs Drugs is owned and operated by CVS.
Go HERE to watch a video on my tips on shopping at Longs Drugs.
Please note this video was made for my former site Hawaii Shopaholics. Hawaii Shopaholics has rebranded into The Spenderella.
- Longs Drugs follows CVS’s coupon policy.
- Here is the coupon policy.
- Longs Drugs price adjusts all coupons down if a coupon is greater than the price of the item. Meaning they do not allow overages.
- Longs Drugs/CVS will not accept a manufacturer’s coupon with another stores logo.
- ExtraCare Card. Click HERE to sign up for a CVS ExtraCare card. When you use your CVS ExtraCare Card you will get exclusive CVS Store Coupons.
- Make sure to use your CVS Extracare card during every transaction to earn 2% back every quarter through an ExtraCare Buck (ECB). Quarterly ECB’s are calculated off Out of Pocket (OOP) expense (so after coupons) so ideally you want to have a lower amount ECB. The larger the ECB means you spent a lot OOP that quarter! Go HERE to read more.
- You will need to use the CVS ExtraCare Card to receive the Sale prices on merchandise.
- Store Coupons. You can Stack CVS/Longs Drugs Coupons with Manufacturer’s coupons.
- CVS coupons can be found on cvs.com in upper right corner, click on ‘In-Store Coupons’ and some coupons that will appear will be CVS coupons that you can stack with manufacturer coupons. When you see the CVS logo on the lower left this indicates it is a CVS coupon.
- Red Machine. Scan your CVS ExtraCare card at the CVS Red Machine in all stores. Some stores even have multiple CVS Red Machines around the store – they are all the same but some stores have multiple due to the amount of traffic the store receives. When you scan your card at the CVS Red Machine CVS store coupons will print. You can also use the CVS Red Machine to price check items.
- The key to the Red Machine is to keep scanning your ExtraCare card until the machine tells you there is no more offers available for you.
- Beauty Club Member. Click HERE to link your CVS Extracare card to become a Beauty club member. Beauty Club Members earn ECB’s by spending $50 in Beauty products before coupons and receive a $5 ECB.
- You can load coupons onto your card from www.savingstar.com/. These are manufacturer coupons. You will not see immediate savings at the register but the coupon value will stack up in your SavingStar Account. Once you reach $5 you can redeem for gift cards or cash. Also you can install the SavingStar app on your smartphone!
- Rain Check. If items are out of stock and is on sale that week, ask for a rain check! They expire 1 year from when they are issued!
- Early Sales Ads. Usually on Friday’s you can check out the sales advertisement that will start on Sunday so you can start planning. Here is how use this link http://longs.staradvertiser.com/oahu/0504/ The last 4 numbers should correspond with the Sunday the sales ad starts. To look at the next week Sales ad replace the 4 numbers with 0511 for May 11th.
Go HERE to watch more Coupon Savings videos!
Go HERE to order Couponing in Hawaii book to read more about couponing tips and tricks.