Longs Drugs Savings Guide
Shopping at Longs Drugs is one of my favorite stores to shop at in the islands. This video and this Savings Guide will help teach you how to save while shopping at Longs Drugs.
Please note this video was made for my former site Hawaii Shopaholics. Hawaii Shopaholics has rebranded into The Spenderella.
- Longs Drugs follows CVS’s coupon policy since Longs Drugs is owned and operated by CVS.
- Here is the official Longs Drugs / CVS coupon policy.
- Longs Drugs price adjusts all coupons down if a coupon is greater than the price of the item. Meaning they do not allow overages.
- Longs Drugs / CVS will not accept a manufacturer’s coupon with another stores logo.
- ExtraCare Card. Click HERE to sign up for a CVS ExtraCare card. When you use your CVS ExtraCare Card you will get exclusive CVS Store Coupons.
- Make sure to use your CVS Extracare card during every transaction to earn 2% back every quarter through an ExtraCare Buck (ECB). Quarterly ECB’s are calculated off Out of Pocket (OOP) expense (so after coupons) so ideally you want to have a lower amount ECB. The larger the ECB means you spent a lot OOP that quarter!
- You will need to use the CVS ExtraCare Card to receive the Sale prices on merchandise.
- Store Coupons. You can Stack CVS/Longs Drugs Coupons with Manufacturer’s coupons.
- Red Machine. Scan your CVS ExtraCare card at the CVS Red Machine in all stores. Some stores even have multiple CVS Red Machines around the store – they are all the same but some stores have multiple due to the amount of traffic the store receives. When you scan your card at the CVS Red Machine CVS store coupons will print. You can also use the CVS Red Machine to price check items. The key to the Red Machine is to keep scanning your ExtraCare card until the machine tells you there is no more offers available for you.
- Beauty Club Member. Click HERE to link your CVS Extracare card to become a Beauty club member. Beauty Club Members earn ECB’s by spending $30 in Beauty products before coupons and receive a $3 ECB.
- Rain Check. If items are out of stock and is on sale that week, ask for a rain check! They expire 1 year from when they are issued!
Go HERE to watch more Coupon Savings videos!
Go HERE to order Couponing in Hawaii book to read more about couponing tips and tricks.
Anita Salavea says
Are we eligible for ECB when purchase certain item ? IE buy 2 toothpaste and get $2 ECB reward at the end of transaction.
Hi! Is it possible to do a rain check on clearance items? 🤔
The Spenderella says
No. Rain Checks are for advertised sale items that sold fast than the advertised sale window.
Clearance, in store specials, unadvertised deals and regular price items do not fall under rain checks.
Does Longs take printable coupons?
The Spenderella says
Yes Longs Drugs follow the CVS coupon policy which allows printable coupons. There is a limit to how many like coupons are allowed. Either follow the store policy or the coupon limit as to which one is met first, most are limit 2 nowadays. Please be aware that printable coupons are being slowly eliminated and many stores are going to load coupons on store account/card.
Ohhh okay. Thnx for replying 2x :))