Military Exchanges Savings Guide
Military Exchanges Coupon 201 Class
Go HERE to watch a video to teach you how to coupon shop at Military Exchanges.
There are 4 different Military Exchanges
- The Exchange or Army Air Force Exchange (AAFES). Here is the link to their coupon policy: Click here to read the Exchange coupon policy. Click HERE to read the Price Match Policy. You can sign up for AAFES sales ad at the customer service desk in the back of the store.
- Navy Exchange (NEX). Click HERE to read the NEX policy. NEX gives $.05 credit for each reusable bag they use. Make sure you remind them to give you credit.
- Coast Guard Exchange (CGX). Here is the link to sign up to receive their sales ad.
- Marine Core Exchange (MCX). Here is the link to sign up for the email blast or call (877) 803-2375.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHOPPING AT THE EXCHANGES:
- Exchanges allow manufacturer’s coupons.
- Exchanges do not allow overage so if your item is less than the price of the coupon, the coupon will be adjusted down to the price of the item.
- NEX does not accept printable Proctor & Gamble (P&G) coupons.
- Store Coupons. Exchanges have store coupons that you can stack an Exchange coupon (Store Coupon) with a manufacturer’s coupon (or military coupon) for additional savings.
- For the most part each Exchange will accept each other Exchange Store coupon. Meaning you can use a NEX coupon at AAFES and an AAFES coupon at NEX.
- AAFES stores frequently carry peelie store coupons on Proctor & Gamble (P&G) products that state peelie coupon must be removed by cashier. Cashier can deny these coupons if peelie coupons is peeled off of packages.
- Exchanges have coupon booklets that contain store coupons.
- Military Store Coupons. A military store coupon is a manufacturer coupon. An exchange coupon will say Exchange coupon. You will know this by looking at the fine print for an address. If address is present to mail coupon back for redemption this means it is a manufacturer’s coupons. Military Store Coupons are manufacturer’s coupons since they require to be mailed back for redemption. Exchange Stores do not waste their overhead money to mail a store coupon back to their corporate office.
- Military store coupons are found as tear pads and peelies at the Exchanges and Commissaries.
- You cannot stack a military store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon since they are both manufacturer’s coupon.
- Some of these military store coupons, do state in fine print they are redeemable only at the Commissary OR the Exchange. Therefore, if one said redeemable only at the Commissary; you shouldn’t use it at the Exchange.
- Scratch Cards. CGX, NEX & MCX releases scratch cards to save an additional percent off of your purchase. Each Scratch Card has different terms but the 3 Exchanges that release scratch cards will also accept each other’s scratch cards. AAFES will not accept Scratch Cards.
- Shoppettes. You can use coupons and scratchers at the mini marts/shoppettes/gas station stores since they are mini stores that fall under the big Exchange store. Each Exchange has gas station stores which are these mini marts/shoppettes.
- Price Match. All Exchanges price match as long as you bring the ad and it is not a limited item, special promotion or offer.
- Some Exchanges allow price matching certain retailers. See their Price Match Policy for full details.
- No price matching clearance – only advertised sales.
- Order. To use all discounts – Price match first, use store coupon stacked with manufacturer coupon and last will be a scratch card.
- Rain Checks. Exchanges do offer rain checks!
Yankee Candle coupons can be used at the Exchanges:
Here is my post and the comments from the Exchanges on their facebook pages:My post “Can you use Yankee Candle Coupons at the Exchanges?” Navy Exchange replied with: “Ashley, We haven’t seen the coupon, but if it’s a coupon from Yankee Candle, then YES, we can accept. Hope this helps. – Dan” AAFES replied with “Hi Ashley, we do. However, please read the restrictions on your Yankee Candle coupon for what countries it’s valid in to ensure it includes the country where your Exchange is located in. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!”
- Join our Commissary Couponing Shopping Facebook Group HERE.
- Go HERE to read our Commissary Savings Guide.
- DECA: Ever have questions or suggestions about the Commissary, I suggest leaving it on Facebook. They are really good at responding. If you ever have a problem on a shopping trip make sure to contact them on Facebook. I have found this to be a very good way to get answers and to make comments.
- Periodically I post Commissary Match Ups on MilitarySpouseLiving.com.
Go HERE to watch more Coupon Savings videos!
Go HERE to order Couponing in Hawaii book to read more about couponing tips and tricks.