Commissary Savings Guide
Commissary Military Store Coupon 201 Class
Ever wonder the ins and out of Couponing at the Commissary?
HERE is a Video to teach you how to coupon shop at the Commissary!
Defense Commissary Agencies (DECA, also known as Commissaries) click HERE to read the coupon policy.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN USING COUPONS AT THE COMMISSARY (DEFENSE COMMISSARY AGENCY):
- The Commissary accepts manufacturer’s coupons.
- The Commissary does not release any store coupons. All coupons found at the commissary are manufacturer coupons. The easiest way to tell a store coupon from a manufacturer coupon is looking at the fine print. If it ever says ‘Retailer mail this coupon here to xyz to be reimbursed + get $.0x for shipping’ means it is a manufacturer’s coupon. This is how we know all military store coupons are manufacturer’s coupons. The Military Exchanges do have store coupons and will NOT have an address in fine print to mail coupon. A store will never waste its overhead money to mail their own coupons back to their corporate office so that is the easiest way to look for a manufacturer’s coupon vs a store coupon.
- Rewards Card. The rewards card has coupons to load to the card. All coupons loaded on the Rewards Card are manufacturer coupons. Remember you cannot stack manufacturer coupons so you will need to select paper coupon or rewards card coupon. Best bet is to have all paper coupons scanned first than scan your rewards card last. The reason why you want to do it in this order is that most ecoupons are lower value coupons than paper coupons. Therefore, to receive the greater savings you want to use your paper coupons first.
- Special orders. I suggest if you have over 5 coupons or ordering coupons and know what deals you want to special order the day you order your coupons to ensure you get the deal you want. I suggest you order a couple extra in case you get a couple extra coupons through coupon swaps. You do not need to take the order when it comes in if you already purchased the items. You only pay for the order after it comes in and only if you still want it. You can use coupons on special orders.
- You can use foreign language coupons as long as the english translation is printed on the coupon.
- The commissary does NOT price match.
- If a coupon states “No Cash Back” means the coupon is to be price adjusted down to the price of the item. Means product will be free and no overage.
- The commissary does allow overages, and if you subtotal is negative they will give you cash back as long as the coupon allows for overage.
- BOGO coupons. Buy One Get One free coupons can NOT be stacked with other coupons. Meaning if you have a BOGO and a $1/1 you would have to buy 3 items in order to use both coupons. You can NOT stack coupons at the commissary. To read more, click HERE.
- If coupons says buy this to receive $2 off beef and you have a coupon for ‘this’ you can NOT use both unless you buy 2 ‘this’. To read more click HERE.
- FREE Coupons. Commissary accepts FREE coupons mailed from manufacturer’s. Commissary will not accept FREE printable coupons.
- You can redeem a manufacturer’s coupon with another stores logo as long as the coupon does not state “Redeem ONLY at…” Click HERE to read more.
- You are charged a 5% surcharge on your purchase before coupons.
- Everyone wants to know why prices rise around pay-day well here is the answer. Click HERE to read more.
- Go HERE to read the latest revision to the policy including not using more than 36 like coupons in one transaction.
- Go HERE to watch a video on how to coupon shop at the commissaries!
SHOPPING AT CASE LOT SALES:
When Shopping at Case Lot sales you should know that each item in the case is a purchase therefore if you are buying a case you can use coupons for each item in the case.
Example: You want to purchase a case of dial hand soaps which contain 8 units. You can use a coupon for each unit. If the coupon is save $1/2 Dial hand soaps than you can use 4 coupons since the case contains 8.
MAKE SURE TO LIKE ON FACEBOOK:
- Join our Commissary Couponing Shopping Facebook Group HERE.
- DECA: Ever have questions or suggestions about the Commissary, I suggest leaving it on Facebook. They are really good at responding. If you ever have a problem on a shopping trip make sure to contact them on Facebook. I have found this to be a very good way to get answers and to make comments.
- Periodically I post Commissary Match Ups on MilitarySpouseLiving.com.
- Typically I refer Commissary shoppers to Not buy Milk, Meat, Produce, Paper products from Commissary stores. You can typically find these items cheaper at other stores. Check your local sales ads.
- Also check your state local tax law to see if your state charges tax on food. You might save over 5% by just shopping at normal grocery stores versus shopping at the Commissary. This is due to the Commissary charging 5% surcharge on all items purchased.
Go HERE to watch more videos!
Go HERE to order Couponing in Hawaii book to read more about couponing tips and tricks.